Where to stay in Guadeloupe for a week?
For the first 3 nights of your week-long stay in Guadeloupe, I advise you to stay near Pointe-à-Pitre or Le Gosier. You can then discover Grande-Terre. To reach Pointe-à-Pitre from the airport, you need 20 minutes.
What neighborhood lives in Guadeloupe?
The best-known towns in Guadeloupe are Le Gosier, Sainte-Anne and Saint François on Grande Terre, and Sainte Rose and Deshaies on Basse Terre, Petit-Bourg, in particular Baie Mahault, where much of the activity economy is concentrated with that of the largest industrial zones in France.
Where to go in Guadeloupe in March?
- Basse-Terre is a highly recommended destination in March.
- Grande-Terre is a highly recommended destination in March.
- La Désirade is a highly recommended destination in March.
- Les Saintes is a highly recommended destination in March.
- Marie-Galante is a highly recommended destination in March.
How do you move to Guadeloupe?
Guadeloupe is a mono-departmental region of the DOM-TOMs, so settling in Guadeloupe does not involve more formalities than if you change department. In addition, a simple national identity card is enough for the French to make the trip.
How to find accommodation in Guadeloupe?
In this case, it is therefore preferable to turn to sites for rental ads between individuals. Leboncoin, Antilles Location, ads posted by Caribexpat or Seloger.com members, there is a wide choice to find rental offers in Guadeloupe.
Where to stay in Guadeloupe?
THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACES OF GUADELOUPE: WELCOME TO PARADISE!
- The form.
- Gate of Hell, Le Moule. …
- Point of the Castles.
- Bois Jolan beach, between the Pointe des Châteaux and Sainte-Anne.
- Rosiner Clairs beach in Saint-Francois.
- Saint Francois.
- The island of Gosier, in the background.
- Porte d’Enfer lagoon, Anse Bertrand.
Where to go in Guadeloupe to avoid Sargassum?
So to avoid the Sargassum from Guadeloupe you have to go to the west coast of Basse-Terre! Unfortunately, it is also the beaches that are exposed to stronger currents, which then makes bathing more dangerous.
Where to stay in Guadeloupe to visit everything?
Basse Terre: Sainte Rose and Deshaies Sleeping in Basse-Terre allows you to discover a wilder side of Guadeloupe. On the coast, look for a bungalow or a hotel between Deshaies and Sainte-Rose to enjoy the most beautiful beaches in the region.
Where do you live on Basseterre in Guadeloupe?
If you are staying in Basse Terre, I recommend Deshaies or Bouillante, which offer many accommodations. Their geographical location makes it possible to shine well on Basse Terre and to quickly access Grande Terre.
What salary to live well in Guadeloupe?
Residents of Guadeloupe earn an average of €2,448 net per month or €29,377 net per year.
Where to stay in Guadeloupe for two weeks?
Accommodation near Pointe-à-Pitre (5 nights)
- Maison Montout: Located in Le Gosier, 10 minutes by car from Pointe-à-Pitre. …
- Racoon Lodge: Located in Pointe-a-Pitre. …
- Karibea Beach Hotel: Located by the sea, 7 km from Pointe-à-Pitre. …
- Canella Beach Hotel: Located between Le Gosier and Pointe-à-Pitre.
Where do they go in the Guadeloupe backpacker?
Grande Anse, Anse de la Perle … the most beautiful beaches in Basse Terre
- The best of Guadeloupe: Grande-Terre.
- The best of Guadeloupe: Basse-Terre.
- The best of Guadeloupe: Marie-Galante, Les Saintes, La Désirade.
- The best of Guadeloupe: activities, gastronomy, rum and coffee
Where are you going in Guadeloupe with children?
- 2 – Pointe de la Grande Vigie. What to do in Guadeloupe: Grande-Terre.
- 3 – ACT Memorial Museum. …
- 4 – Slave markets and former Petit Canal prison. …
- 5 – Dream beaches. …
- 3 – Pointe-a-Pitre spice market. …
- 7 – Discover the last distillery of Grande-Terre: Damoiseau.
Which is the most beautiful island of Guadeloupe or Martinique?
Guadeloupe is larger than Martinique and more varied. The island is divided into two different parts: Basse Terre, wild, green, mountainous, little urbanized (small authentic villages) with many rivers and two very beautiful beaches: Grande Anse and Petite Perle.
When are you going to Guadeloupe?
Three different periods allow you to know when to go to Guadeloupe: a very favorable period from January to March; a favorable period in December, April and May a less favorable period from June to November.
Where do you live in Grande Terre Guadeloupe?
What you will find in Grande-Terre Le Gosier, where most of the hotels on the island are located, Sainte Anne, a small town known for its beaches, and Saint François, one of the most important tourist centers in Guadeloupe, represent the most tourist areas in the region.
Where to stay 10 days in Guadeloupe?
Where to stay 10 days in Guadeloupe? To visit Guadeloupe in 10 days, I recommend that you choose 1 other accommodation for each part of the island: A hotel in Grande-Terre towards Pointe-à-Pitre, for the first part of your stay. Accommodation in Basse-Terre, the rest of your vacation.
How to get around in Guadeloupe?
How to get around in Guadeloupe?
- Thumb up and lift.
- Take the bus.
- We have boat.
- By taxi.
- Rent a car.
- Rent a car between individuals.
What budget does Guadeloupe go to?
For your trip to Guadeloupe, we have estimated a budget of approx. 1400 € per person Pr. The week. This price corresponds to a stay that you have organized yourself. However, you can compare prices if you prefer a holiday package.
What is the cheapest month to go to Guadeloupe?
The high season is in July, August and September, and September is the cheapest month in Guadeloupe.
How to eat in Guadeloupe?
Creole cuisine is quite varied, we eat both meat and fish, usually accompanied by starch.
- Starters: cod anchovies, eggplant fritters and West Indian black pudding.
- Main course: colombo, pork or chicken, broth or gratin of cristophin.
What activities are possible in Guadeloupe?
- Admire the Grand Gouffre Gueule.
- Visit of the Bielle distillery.
- Visit the historic site of Chateau Murat.
- Dine with your feet in the sand and enjoy the beach of Anse Canot.
- Swimming and idleness around Grand-Bourg beach.